Superior Energy Services provides Oilfield services. It fulfills the drilling, completion, and manufacturing-related needs of Oil and Gas companies around the world. It has a diversified portfolio of specialized Oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the Oil and Gas Wells’ economic life cycle. It also works in Oil and Gas exploration, construction, and development. The company plans and constructs Oilfield facilities and equipment-specific solutions that are used through the life cycle of the Wells.
Headquarters: Houston, Texas
Number of Employees: 10,000
- By the mid-1990s, Superior was offering a comprehensive inventory of advanced drilling, manufacturing and well-working tools. In 1995, Superior launched a public stock offering to finance further growth in this high-capital business.
- The company replaced Cardinal Services in 1999, the world leader in mechanical wireline services in the Gulf of Mexico and also the region’s biggest owner and operator of liftboats.
- The Gulf of Mexico market was over capacitated by the mid-2000s and suffered from low commodity prices. Superior Energy Services started looking internationally to increase the use of its resources.
- In 2008, it expanded its scope of the business from New Zealand to Singapore, Norway and Kazakhstan, operating independently and with other groups. The company was listed No.15 on the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies chart by FORTUNE Magazine.
- In 2012, Superior began shifting its efforts to land markets and global expansion through two milestones, the sale of its liftboat fleet and the merger with Complete Production Services, in line with its proactive approach to growth.
- The development strategy of Superior Energy Services has been about proactively managing demand trends, utilizing its existing base and adjusting to changing conditions.
Products & Services:
Superior Energy Services delivers essential products and services throughout the Well’s life cycle, from exploration and processing to plug-in and drop-out & decommissioning.
The group’s Onshore Completion & Workover Services provide pressure pumping, handling of fluids, Well servicing and many other related services of highest quality.
- Pressure Pumping Services:
This involves horizontal and vertical Well hydraulic fracturing, cementing, and stimulation facilities used during new Oil and Gas Wells to stimulate manufacturing.
- Fluid Handling Services:
The company involves facilities used to achieve, move, store, and dispose of fluids involved in the development and manufacture of Oil and Gas reservoirs such as advanced trucks, fracturing tanks and other assets transporting, heating, pumping, and fluid disposal.
- Well Servicing:
Superior provides systems that are used to provide a range of Well construction, workover and repair facilities including upgrades, completions, Well sidetracking and perforation assistance.
Drilling Products and Services
Superior provides a broad range of advanced drilling equipment. It designs, manufactures, rents and/or sells tools based on specific project needs of its customers. Its drilling equipment includes temporary onshore and offshore accommodation components and accessories, as well as:
- Downhole drilling equipment:
- Primary drill pipe strings
- Landing strings
- Finishing tubulars &
- Related accessories
- Middle hole instruments
- Non-magnetic drill collars &
- Hole openers
- Middle hole instruments
Mission and Vision:
The company provides energy manufacturing with drilling-related solutions. In select international markets, it offers a diverse set of products and services that add value to the operations of its customers with a focus on quality, integrity and safe operations.
Superior makes energy seeking and processing more effective by integrating complementary products and services to design, produce and implement solutions as one cohesive entity, working under one common culture. Throughout the Well’s life cycle, the company has earned a reputation as the global leader in providing safe, efficient, and high-quality solutions.
List of Equipments:
Following is the list of equipment provided by the company:
- Bottom Hole Assemblies
- Premium Drill Pipe
- Coiled Tubing
- Electrical Line
- Slickline Services
- Pressure Control Tools
- Completion Tools & Products
- Plug & Abandonment
Areas of Operation:
The company has operations worldwide. Nevertheless, its operations are concentrated in the following areas:
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- North America &
- Latin America