Supervises a team of engineers and designers in carrying out FEED, proposal and detailed engineering work in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets. Responsible for the completion of assigned activities within allocated man-hours and schedule
• Review of ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents and technical correspondence submitted in the proposal stage.
• Review of project design basis, contract requirements, project specifications, process data sheets (PDS), piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's), piping material specifications (PMS), plot plans, equipment layout drawings, project philosophies, area classification drawings and other relevant documents. Identify and resolve discrepancies from original proposal through technical queries to projects/client.
• Identify scope of work, budgeted man hours, budgeted quantities, total number of deliverables, format for deliverables, time schedules and other specifications for execution of the work. Monitor man-hour and schedules. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce the overall package costs.
• Apportion work among engineering staff according to competency, Supervise and monitor the development of design, requisitions, specifications and mechanical data sheets. Administer the development of detailed engineering calculations and drawings including the preparation of the design basis document, Bill of Quantities.
• Review of the Technical document register (TDR), deliverable list, equipment design basis, mechanical data sheets, construction / erection bill of quantities.
• Provide necessary information for preparation of plot plans. Organize the issuance of engineering drawings / mechanical data sheets and technical documents for Inter-discipline checks (IDC's), coordinate with other engineering discipline for input data.
• Supervise the preparation of inquiry requisitions, vendor data requirements, technical evaluation of vendor offers, technical bid evaluations (TBE).
• May lead the efforts as lead engineer.
• Participates in layout / model reviews.
• Coordinate the preparation of Purchase requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Ensure timely return of vendor documents, design calculations within scheduled timeframes. Ensure vendor equipment specifications meet the client equipment specifications.
• Participate in project / proposal meetings, ensure the progress of project is in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports in coordination with Projects.
• Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues, strictly ensure compliance with Company's Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
• Participate in HAZOP meeting / studies with client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
• Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, provide start-up assistance as required.
• Perform departmental related duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.
• Supervise and develop Graduate engineers and other engineers as assigned by department.
• Work on development of standards/ datasheets /other tools to improve productivity.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 8 years of experience preferably from EPC/ Consultancy organizations in the Petrochemical, Oil and Gas Industry or from equipment manufacturer with experience in design