1. Develop the initial bill of material, prepare technical layouts and drawings for proposal estimation.
2. Review the Technical Document Register (TDR), evaluate scope of work, number of required drawings and establish design and drafting requirements. Review Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Review Philosophies, Area Classification Drawings, Fire and Gas Detector Layout drawings, Civil/Structural Engineering drawings, Piping Plans and Elevations, Standard drawings, Plot Plan/Equipment Layout, Project Schedule, Project Scope of Supply, Drawing Index and other relevant documents.
3. Review the Design Basis and create I/O lists, assess total number of engineering deliverables, drafting and drawing requirements, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work. Evaluate development method and software requirements; Autocad, PDS/ PDMS 3D Modeling and other relative software.
4. Recommend manpower and personnel assignments for the execution of design activities within budgeted project man-hours.
5. Perform calculations and prepare layouts including 2D and 3D models with adequate dimensions necessary to assist the Engineering disciplines and Fabrication/Construction personnel including preparation of topographic layouts, earthworks/excavation drawings, boreholes locations, fencing, paved roads and drainage, underground piping and foundations, architectural and conceptual building drawings, control room layouts, substation layouts, machinery shelters, service platforms, pipe racks, pump foundations, vessel and vessel platform foundations, columns and other civil/structural drawings.
6. Perform layout clash/interface checks, identify conflicts, and take corrective action in coordination with other engineering discipline inputs.
7. Issue engineering drawings and layouts for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC's) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of technical data inputs. Prepare final layouts and drawings integrating inputs provided by other engineering disciplines. Consult and make recommendations to Engineers on feasibility of design plans and layouts.
8. Supply Engineers with estimates for the required quantities. Prepare material take off's (MTO's), review vendor drawings and design calculations, ensure vendor specifications are in full compliance with contract requirements. Attend progress meetings when required.
9. Prepare final layouts and drawing for installation and construction. Provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction and commissioning personnel. Perform design changes and alterations based on Design Change Notices (DCN's) when required.
10. Prepare "As-Built" Drawings following completion of construction activities.
11. Ensure conformity of designs and layouts in accordance to Company Engineering procedures and ISO Quality Standards. Upload documents into "Documentum", maintain and archive IDC's, originals, checkprints and Master technical drawings in accordance to Company and quality procedures.
12. Assist Discipline Supervisor in ensuring implementation of Drafting and Quality standards.
13. Perform related duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.