An LNG Freight Analyst provides the LNG Freight Trading and wider Shell LNG Marketing & Trading (SLMT) organisation with the analysis, information and reports necessary to control, manage and improve the group's exposure to LNG ships under the SLMT umbrella.
What's the role?
In this position, you'll be part of a team of nine who are expected to provide commercial management of approx. 60 owned / controlled ships, and which represents an annual cost to the Shell Group of approx. $2 billion.
You will have several key responsibilities as an LNG Freight Analyst which will include:
1. Book Management Reconciling the P&L for SLMT related freight activities. LNG Freight accounts have relatively recently transitioned to a 3rd party fleet management system (IMOS) but also has high dependencies on Freight Traders, Vessel Operators, FinOps and other Finance functions. The ultimate results will need to be explained to senior SLMT management. Preparation of the annual business plan and annual target setting is a subset of this work.
2. Long- and short-term fleet balance In combination with Shell Trading LNG Optimisation Team (for Short term REQS) and with Portfolio Trading (for long-term requirements) preparing and updating the surplus (or deficit) of LNG shipping required in the SLMT portfolio, producing slide pack of same for monthly review
3. Fundamental Freight supply/demand analysis and freight forecasting: Liaise with ST Fundamentals team, Freight traders and third-party counterparts to assess future freight rate direction and assessment, producing slide pack of same for monthly review.
4.Vessel performance analysis In combination with OPs and STS/10 vessel performance departments, monitor and drive improved vessel performance
5. Digitalisation Responsible for the managing the IT tools used for the above analyses and Leading the development of improved data analytic tools and techniques using latest digitisation architecture in concert with IT and digitalisation depts.
6. Focal for other IT (IMOS + Veslink) and Records Management activities: Communicate team's needs to other IMOS stakeholders as well as coordinate accurate records management activities
7. Ad-Hoc Analysis Helping traders identify and explain past or future market behaviour. Also provide Unit Freight Cost Calculations for SLMT Deal Structurers.
What we need from you
The right candidate will be able to work both independently within a dynamic, fast paced and business critical trading environment, but also as a strong team player not only in combination with the other analyst but alongside traders in the team.
You must be highly motivated and possess strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills in order to perform effectively. Alongside strong planning and organisation skills in order to meet the departments demanding schedules and goals.
Beyond this, we're keen to see as many of the following attributes on your CV:
Have excellent analytical and numerical skills, as well as communication skills. Very good knowledge of and an aptitude to work with a variety of IT systems. You need to be able to communicate complex information in a concise way.
Previous experience to demonstrate ability to obtain and analyse information from various databases (ODS/Endur/SAP/IMOS) in combination with external data feeds, reports and consultants.
Good working knowledge of analytical tools (spreadsheet, dbases, data analytics)
Strong and proven commercial awareness of LNG and the LNG freight market fundamentals
Flexible working conditions may apply.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell . Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.