Full Time Permanent
Engineering & Science
The Production Technology Consultant is knowledgeable of the industry technologies and software used in the production technology area. They have experience with the technology and software used in this space and are responsible for deploying it to the sites, integrating it with other systems, and validating with the users it is functioning correctly. The individual will provide knowledge of the setup, installation, IT operation, and system integration. The Consultant will perform analysis and design of the system to deploy, testing of system components to confirm certification, and technical consultancy for the deployment.
• Accountability for system and technology analysis and design for asset deployments
• Accountability for system deployment, installation and integration with external systems.
• Troubleshooting of system issues (hardware and software)
• Providing technical consultancy for the deployment project.
• Working closely with workflow consultants, site engineers, and the engineering projects teams to deploy and embed technology.
• Participating in new release quality assurance and testing activities
• Maintaining documentation related to installation and support.
• Facilitate the provision of Consultant support during failure analysis and problem solving.
• Resolve specific system problems and identify / propose improvements.
• Contribute to the technical architecture of software.
• Projects and Technology, PTX Surface Operations Department
• Process Automation & Production Technology Team
• Team of 15 -20, managing 20 technologies
• Team OPEX > 10 million USD and CAPEX > 10 million USD
• Position to lead a natural team of 3-8
• Deliver technology to all Upstream, IG,
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Petroleum Engineer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Total 8-12 years of experience•
3+ years of experience in Production Technology Domain
3+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
3+ Years of experience analyzing, designing, testing and deploying systems
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which see our employees, thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India.
Shell has established a new IT hub in Bangalore, and plans to scale it up over a five year period. The purpose of the IT Hub is to enable the Business by focusing on business outcomes, delivering fit for business technology solutions which enable business agility and profitable growth.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.