Senior Direct Tax Specialist (Portuguese would be beneficial)
Shell Oil Company
Full Time Permanent
Finance Operations in the Shell Group is key to delivering world-class finance to Shell. With 6500 staff, Finance Operations is amongst the world's largest "in-house" business process organisations. Finance Operations is dedicated to operational excellence and is a process-oriented global organisation, combining the key elements necessary for process management: process design and continuous improvement, and the responsibility for operating processes and measuring their performance. Finance Operations is about moving to global standards, behaving and performing as one connected global finance team, and using one common set of metrics to drive towards world class process performance. Working in Finance Operations provides you with the opportunity to:
This position is a great opportunity to join Shell's Tax Team within Finance Operations team.
- Migration process of direct tax from Shell Latin America entities to Finance Operations Tax Krakow;
- Support the onshore team in Annual Tax Return Preparation and its annexure;
- Review and Ensure timely calculation and submission of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Tax Provisions and related Advance Tax payments;
- Review and Ensure timely submission of internal reports for direct tax reconciliation to the controllers;
- Responsible for various tax accounts reconciliation;
- Co-ordinate with the controller's team and Records and Accounting team to making sure that all the Tax records and tax reporting data's are adequate and fully explained, submitted in to internal reporting tool;
- Review and Ensure Quarterly submission of direct tax key performance indicators;
- Resolve complex direct tax issues, liaise with counterparties and other departments on variances reconciliations, plausibility checks;
- Responsible for quarterly and annual audit support (internal, external and Tax Authorities);
- Develop templates and collate information to respond inquiries from tax authorities and internal stakeholders;
- Strengthening the business relationship through regular Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly update calls, documenting the same, identifying action items and follow-up to the closure;
- Providing strong support to Business Groups in their control of business related tax risks with accuracy and timely;
- Owning the SOX controls and responsible for their effectiveness;
- Review and ensure that roles and responsibilities for direct tax matters are up to date;
- University degree (preferably in Law, Economy, Finance, Accounting or related field)
- Min. 4-5 years of experience in accounting/finance in multinational environment,including min. 3 years of experience in direct tax return preparation and/ or tax audit and/ or experience as the tax advisor
- Knowledge of international direct tax standards
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be beneficial
- Good working knowledge of Word, MS Outlook, Excel
- Fluent English
- Portuguese would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable working under time pressure
- Ability to work with different times zones
Shell in Krakow sits at the centre of Shell's global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, a job at Shell will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of 5 Business Operations centres located worldwide, we will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and stakeholders.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more)
Complex medical care and individual life insurance
Additional funds for trainings and certifications
Bonus for referring your friend to work
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.